We’ve been talking about the US / European GIS / GPS companies, which have been hot and busy with major M&A deals:
* Navteq : Bright Future if Managed Well
* Place and Location Services Growth Fuels Navteq
* Tom Tom + Tele Atlas: Perfect Match
* Trimble’s Compelling Growth Strategy
* Garmin Looks Great, But …
* Nokia Buys Navteq, “Place” Becomes Key
Meanwhile, the Indian market is heating up. Economic Times:
“The size of the geographical information system (GIS) market in India is expected to be $10 billion in 10 years, said speakers at a business conclave during the ongoing 58th International Astronautical Congress.
Annual revenues of the global GIS market are expected to grow from an estimated $4 billion to $150 billion in the next decade.”
Remember, I once talked about a Concept Arbitrage on Navteq? I hope some of you are going for it!