NEWSLETTER

If you are considering becoming a 1M/1M premium member and would like to join our mailing list to receive ongoing information, please sign up here.

Sept 23 Positioning Roundtable

Posted on Tuesday, Sep 15th 2009

Thanks to all those who pitched at today’s telepresence roundtable. Hope you found the feedback useful. If you have comments, please feel free to share them.

The next roundtable is on Sept. 23 on DimDim. Please register here. Throughout the fall, we have another six roundtables scheduled, which means 30 more slots to pitch. You can find the dates and recordings here.

Comments

If pitch is presented in standard format (say 4 slide) prescribed, it will save the time and it will allow each participant equal time. Also if the presentation slot is fixed in advance, it will streamline the meeting progress. Thanks.

Manikandan Tuesday, September 15, 2009 at 10:17 PM PT

Hi Sramana

It was a great learning being a part of Positioning Roundtable from Hyderabad. It was my first pitch!! Thanks a lot for ur valuable feed back! I will work on that.

Sai Chandra shekar Wednesday, September 16, 2009 at 5:39 AM PT

Dear Sramana,

Thank you very much for your valuable time and suggestions. Your feedback will certainly help us to position ourselves better in the targeted segment. I’d highly recommend all aspiring/emerging entrepreneurs to participate in your Roundtable Sessions with open mind and get the true feedback on their ideas!

Ruchi Sharma Wednesday, September 16, 2009 at 11:27 AM PT

Thanks a lot for your input and feedback. It was a good experience and is recommended for aspiring entrepreneurs. I would do some tweaks to my skill assessment platform https://www.geekevaluation.com and bring in expertise from https://www.skill-guru.com.
I would also suggest for someone in your team to write a small note about the each company that pitched in.
The entrepreneurs should also be able connect with the others who had pitched in.
Maybe they could do this at your fan page in FB.
Who knows but this round table could become something as successful as TC50(tech crunch 50).

vinay Wednesday, September 16, 2009 at 1:14 PM PT

I forgot to add that it could have been better organized. I had send in my slides in advance and yet they were missing. The person who was at Boston had an understanding that no one is joining meeting from Boston as he was not informed.

vinay Wednesday, September 16, 2009 at 1:17 PM PT

Yes, this was the first time we did an 8-city telepresence event, and the logistics had some challenges.

One thing I found very upsetting was that many people who registered and blocked slots did not care to attend, while we had to turn away others who would have liked to attend. Very irresponsible and disrespectful on the part of those of you who signed up.

Sramana Mitra Wednesday, September 16, 2009 at 1:28 PM PT

That is true. I can understand managing so many different time zones and co ordination is bug challenge.
But overall it was well managed and the quality of transmission was great.
People who had not attended should not be allowed to appear next time unless they have a valid reason.
I am surprised that people get this kind of advice for free and still they take it for granted.

vinay Wednesday, September 16, 2009 at 6:23 PM PT

I really enjoyed participating in the conference, more when I was listening to others than when pitching myself.

I agree to the fact that if everyone took less than 3 minutes to pitch and just 7-8 minutes for questions, all presenters would be able to get equal time on their idea.

Thanks